Thursday, August 2, 2012

Norway part 8 - Hemsedal World Snowboard Tour

Hemsedal Nordic Open TTR World Snowboard Tour - Mikkel Bang
The TTR 3STAR Hemsedal Nordic Open, in Mikkel Bang's hometown, were one of the last big Norwegian snowboard gatherings at the end of the season. Qualification took place in a huge slopestyle course with more than 10 obstacles in one line and over 20 obstacles total including kickers, rails and boxes, quarters, stepups, corners, walls and even a 120m pipe (definitely a sick park to check out -- to be honest -- the most versatile park I have ever seen!!!). The 16 qualified riders moved up to the huge kicker to corner setup for the finals on Saturday. Lars Eriksen and his crew build a smooth 24m kicker followed by a big ass corner. Hemsedal's very own Mikkel Bang fought his way through knockouts to win his first TTR title in front of a big home crowd against Norwegian Champion Kim Andre Eliassen. Sick riding level at this three star!
You might also like:

PAVIJUAN.COM

1 comment:

  1. Really all credit goes to the writer of the blog. I never been at Norway but read about in many blogs and on other source. This one really urging me to do tour for Norway. Can anyone please tell me how to preform the tour and what are other necessary thing that I will have to keep in mind while planning for the same. I am asking because I am for frank traveller, I gone for Golden Triangle Tour so far.

    ReplyDelete